Dr C Chembe
Role: Lecturer, School of Science, Engineering and Technology
Academic Rank: Lecturer II
Qualifications: B.Sc. in Computer Science (UNZA), Zambia.
M.Sc. in Computer Science University of Malaya, Malaysia.
PhD (Computer Science) University of Malaya, Malaysia.
Professional Organisational Membership: Fellow ICTZ Society, Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) Malaysia
- Security in wireless and wired networks
- Mobile Ad Hoc Network with focus on MAC layer
- Spectrum sensing in Cognitive radio for dynamic spectrum access
- Use of Machine learning in big data
- Impact of big data on Internet of Things
- Introduction to the Computer Science
- Introduction to Computer Software Packages
- Data Structure and Algorithms in Java
- Theory of Computation
- Advanced Security
- Human-Computer Interaction
Latest 5 Publications:
- Chembe C., Ahmedy I., Md Noor R., Kunda D., Oche M., Tambawal A. B., “Cooperative Spectrum Decision in Cognitive Vehicular Network based on Support Vector Machine”, Malaysian Journal of Computer Science (Accepted 2017, ISI-Indexed)
- Chembe C., Md Noor R., Ahmedy I., Oche M. and Kunda D. and Lui C. H., “Spectrum Sensing in Cognitive Vehicular Network: State-of-Art, Challenges and Open Issues”, Computer Communications, Volume 97, 1 January 2017, Pages 15-30 (IF = 2.099, Q1) (ISI/SCOPUS Indexed Publication)
- Chembe C., Rafidah Md N. and Mostajeran E., “Optimizing Wireless Channel Using Adaptive Modulation To Improve QoS In VANET”, Malaysian Journal of Computer Science (ISSN 0127-9084), Volume 26, No 1, 2013.
- Oche M., Md Noor R., Chembe C, “Multivariate statistical approach for estimating QoE of real-time multimedia applications in vehicular ITS network”, Computer Communications, Volume 104, 15 May 2017, Pages 88-107
- Simfukwe M., Kunda D. and Chembe C., “Comparing Naive Bayes Method and Artificial Neural Network for Semen Quality Categorization” International Journal of Innovative Science, Engineering & Technology , Vol. 2 Issue 7, July 2015.
- Mwika D., Chembe C. and Kunda, D., “A comparative study of cultural differences of success factors of ERP implementation in developed and emerging economies: case study of Norway and Zambia”. International Journal of Computer Engineering & Technology (IJCET).Volume:5,Issue:8,p:105-117, 2014
Conference papers (Refereed)
- Chembe C., & Noor, R. M., "Wireless channel optimization in VANET by using adaptive modulation," 2012 12th International Conference on ITS Telecommunications (ITST), pp.295-299, 5-8 Nov. 2012.