The Centre for ICT Education was established to provide an academic, research and training environment in ICT whose standards match those of recognised institutions of computer studies elsewhere. It is situated at the Kabwe Town Campus (KTC) along Munkoyo Road off Mubanga Street in the heart of Kabwe Town, which has been designated as ICT Centre of Mulungushi University.
The Centre has also been designated the Centre for the Pan African E-Network Project for the African Union E-Learning and is linked to other Universities in Africa and India.
The Centre manages and directs the application of ICTs to support teaching, learning, research, outreach and professional services, as well as enhancing internal administrative capacity of the University.
The Centre offers the following programmes and courses:
Bachelor of Computer Science Degree programme aimed at producing graduates who are able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of essential facts, concepts, principles, and theories relating to computer science and software applications.
- Bachelor of Information Technology programme aimed at producing graduates with practical knowledge of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Statistics
- ICT Short Courses. This is aimed providing ICT basic skills and hand-one experience in the use of the most common ICT software packages
The Centre for ICT Education has three microcomputer laboratories equipped with networked computers and served by a server farm. The Centre has a Pan African E-Learning Project Laboratory with VSAT link. In addition, the Centre for ICT Education at Town campus comprises the following infrastructure:
- 1 Main lecture hall (to sit up to 100 students)
- 3 lecture rooms (to sit up to 30 students)
- 1 Conference room
- 150 capacity student hostels
The Centre can design ICT courses to suit specific needs of any Institution and should require information contact:
Douglas Kunda, BEng (UNZA), PhD (York), MACM, FCSZ
Director—Centre for ICT Education
PO Box 80415